Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's time for... S-N-E!

(post from earlier when I had no wifi) Currently I'm aboard an airplane on my way to Minnesota! I feel like my stomach is descending faster than the plane. Yuck.

Surprisingly I feel great even though I only got 3 hours of sleep (One full sleep cycle! Thanks to Dr. B-W's gen psych class I can justify minimal sleep!)

Why am I going to Minnesota? No it's not just to hang out and visit all 10,000 lakes, nor is it because I love humidity and want to get bit by 10,000 mosquitoes. Nope! I'm going to beautiful St. Paul, MN for a sort of retreat/training.

For a week I get to hang out with awesome people, learn how to pray better, love better, and evangelize better at The School of the New Evangelization with St. Paul's Outreach! Basically, I get to learn how to be a better person! Oh yeah.

I'm looking forward to this week to refresh me and get me excited about this year. I'll be working as an RA in Florence, Italy and I really want to build an intentional faith community with my peers while I'm there. Then when I come back to Benedictine after a semester abroad I will be better prepared to serve SPO in the capacity that God has planned for me.

I am excited to see what God has in store for me during this week. Kinda nervous, but really excited. During my prayer while in flight I was reminded again of that big word DETACHMENT. I think that will play some role in this week. Only God knows.

I'm especially grateful to all of my partners who have helped make this training and retreat possible. God is so good and I am so grateful that He put such amazing, generous and supportive people in my life! You all will be in my prayers!

Updates and pictures from SNE to come! Pray for all those attending that we may come with open hearts and open minds.

-jmj

No comments:

Post a Comment