Thursday, July 12, 2012

Funny [Real-Life] Reminders

Every girl wants to be told she is beautiful. Especially any girl whose love language is Words of Affirmation (That's me!) Even though we may know it, it's always good to be reminded. 

 Here are a few funny real-life reminders:

1. James, my 4 year old little brother (pictured below hamming it up for the camera) is currently obsessed with the One Direction song, "What Makes You Beautiful." When I say obsessed, I mean OBSESSED! If we are driving together he makes me scan the airwaves till we find a station that is playing it.

Anyway, the other day when I was helping in the kitchen he came up to me and said, "Michela, you don't know you're beautiful."  Awwww! That's sure to melt any big sisters heart. Thanks for the reminder, James!


2. Best part of my work week is when Allison and I get to go to Costco to stock up the kitchen.  (confession: its my favorite part because of the samples. Who doesn't like free food?! And my mom never buys dinosaur chicken nuggets so I might as well experience them when I get the chance, right?)
Today was especially interesting because Allison and I got a funny little reminder. We were walking along, pushing our massive cart when this old man (probably between 70 & 80) stopped us. Here is the conversation:

Old Man: Are you ladies from Tennessee?
Allison and I: (nervous/confused giggle) No... We're from here...?
Old Man: Are you sure?
Allison: Yeah, we're sure.
Old Man: Really? Cus you're the only tens I see!
Allison and I: (confused laughter) Haha, Thanks?!? (probably blushing)

We definitely weren't expecting that to come out of his mouth! When I think about it, it was hilarious, but it was also a little reminder from God for me to keep smiling and recognize my own beauty, even when I don't feel like I'm beautiful.

Someday my prince will come and use cheesy pick-up lines on me all the time! Haha maybe not, but he will definitely tell me that I'm beautiful. Right now God reminds me of my beauty in His own sense of humor.

What funny real-life reminders has God given you lately?

-jmj

No comments:

Post a Comment